March 2017 Rally
North Lake Estates RV
Resort, Moore Haven, FL
President's Message:
Our March Rally at North Lakes RV Resort in
Moore Haven was well attended and all had a good time. The weather really
cooperated and, although we were spread out, everything was handled in the
great Crackers style. Karin and Jim did a truly excellent job pulling the
rally together with the meatball heros on Monday night and a Shepherd’s
Pie & Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner Wednesday for St. Pat’s Day. Tuesday’s
casserole breakfast was done by Sandy & Tom and on Thursday Lynn
& Al did the egg, bacon & sausage breakfast. Karin & Jim also
treated us to a Movie night that included homemade popcorn. It was very
enjoyable for all.
We look forward to seeing you at the April Rally
in Jekyll Island from 4/10 to 4/14/17. Safe travels to all.
Although Norm & I weren’t able to attend this rally due to my knee replacement, I knew I could count on our great members to provide plenty of photos of the good times they shared this month. They didn’t let me down.
Food started off with a bang when Jim & Karin provided a
Meatball Parm Hero Night in the pavilion on the first evening. Activities during the week included several
couples playing shuffle board one day and four playing golf another. Some ventured to the nearby casino as well. Typical outside shopping was probably pretty limited
this trip as the campground was at least 25 miles to any shopping areas. I’m guessing a lot of the husbands might have
smiled at that news. However, many of you might be jealous when you see the potato burger that Gene discovered being served at the Seminole Casino. All I can say is, "OMG! Can I come next time?"
The March rally had a new couple participating. I was so pleased when first-time visitors Wayne
& Gail wrote me an e-mail shortly after the rally began saying they were
really enjoying our great group and had already decided to join our club. From everything I’ve heard, our Crackers
loved them just as much so Norm & I are looking forward to meeting them in
person next season.
St. Patrick’s Day was celebrated early on Wednesday night in
the large clubhouse when Jim & Karin provided corned beef and cabbage as
well as shepherd’s pie topped off with Publix-made Irish soda bread. Jim tells me that was a particular hit. Everyone dressed the part and enjoyed playing
a St. Patrick’s trivia game. There was
so much leftover food from both meals that heavy appetizer night was eliminated
so they could again enjoy these yummy treats again.
Jim & Karin were so thoughtful they even sent a care package
home with Faith & Jim so Norm & I could enjoy their St. Patrick’s
tradition as well. Although Faith &
Jim were willing to be our catering van, that poor couple had quite the
exciting time on their way home. First
their battery died while still at the campground. After patiently waiting three hours for AAA,
they were finally on the road again only to blow a tire further down the road
necessitating many more hours of waiting for another AAA rescue. When Faith called us around 7:30 PM that
night to tell us about the food, they had yet to arrive home. Knowing those dear people were totally exhausted
at that point, we made arrangements to pick up the care package the next day. Guess what tonight’s supper is going to be!
After the group filled their bellies on Thursday night, our
Crackers enjoyed a Movie Night watching “Nine Lives” on the big screen while
munching on popcorn. Jim & Karin
also made a valiant effort to arrange an air boat excursion for the group but
were totally frustrated that the many e-mails and voice mails were
ignored. What a shame as I know this
would have been a highlight for all.
Our host and hostess also appreciated the breakfast help
they received during this rally from Tom & Sandy and Lynn & Al. How fortunate we are to have so many great
members always willing to help whenever and wherever needed. And speaking of appreciation, an especially big thank you to Jim & Karin for hosting this rally. I have heard nothing but rave reviews on the excellent job they did all week long.
A big thank you to everyone who shared their photos. I got quite a few to document this rally and
it looks like we missed a really great time.
We’re looking forward to seeing many of you in April.
| Little did Jim & Faith know what an exciting trip home awaited them |
![]() |
| I think I've spotted our new couple here |
![]() |
| Leave it to Tom to add his own twist to the celebration |
![]() |
| Our wonderful hosts, Karin & Jim |
![]() |
| Movie Night |








No comments:
Post a Comment